So, here we are. It’s Super Bowl Sunday, and we’re enjoying a relaxing afternoon at Phil
and Megan Ross’ house in Goshen, Indiana. Yes, surprise. Adam and I took a trip this Super Bowl. Just kidding. This starts the week of the Biblical counseling training conference Adam and I (and Mom and Mandy and Justin) attend yearly in Lafayette, Indiana, at Faith Baptist Church. The Super Bowl being tonight just happens to allow for a somewhat untraditional yet fun Super Bowl party in our hotel room. Adam’s rooting for the Packers; I’m rooting for the snacks. Yes, in case you didn’t know this already, I couldn’t care less about football, plays, and even the Super Bowl commercials.
So, my predictions for Super Bowl this year:
- One team is going to win. For Adam’s sake, I hope it’s the Packers.
- A good number of people will skip the opening session of the conference tonight in order to not miss the first quarter of the game.
- A ridiculous amount of Americans attending Super Bowl parties will use this game as an excuse to eat all sorts of unhealthy food with absolutely zero regret (until afterwards).
- Half of the Super Bowl audience will mute or turn off the Black-Eyed Peas’ half-time show.
- Restaurants will make a fortune out of turning on their televisions today.
- There will be no one in the hotel’s workout room tonight, so I’m going to run my 4 miles.
Yes, that’s about all I know about with football. 🙂 If I were home, I’d be making all sorts of snacky foods for sure; but again, the best part of the whole celebration is the buffets of unhealthy foods. (Honk if you agree with me.)
We’re off to Lafayette. Viva la Packers!